Hey everyone! Can you believe it is almost July? Time really flies by! Wow, that rhymes! So hard to believe that the weight loss journey I started in April has led to me losing almost 30 pounds! In my previous posts, I wrote about my weight loss journey through IdealYou, and I would love to share some of the lessons I have learned.
- Weight loss starts with a simple step in the right direction. Going to the IdealYou health clinic with my mother in law for a consultation was my first step. The consultation went well, and one thing led to another. Soon, my mother in law and I were at the grocery store preparing for me to start their plan of fruits, veggies, and meat. I had a small idea what I was getting into, but little did I know that this one step would completely change my life!
- Weight loss may seem overwhelming to some, but it is important to take it one day at a time, one step at a time. The first day, load day, I could eat whatever I wanted, while taking my supplements. This was the fun, easy part. The next day, I learned how to eat a modified version of the paleo diet, the fruits, veggies, and meat. It was hard at first, as I was constantly hungry. Eventually, my body adjusted, and the weight started melting off. It is important to take things one step at a time, one day at a time. Each day, I adjusted, becoming less hungry, the cravings died down, and I began to even crave the healthy food.
- Weigh yourself once a day/week. This is something I had to learn, as weight fluctuates during the day. The first thing in the morning after using the restroom is usually the best time. I used to struggle with this tip as an eating disorder warrior, which I’ll talk about in a later post.
- Be kind to yourself. Remember, each weight loss journey is unique, and your body is adjusting. Also, occasional mistakes and “cheats” happen to everyone-, so forgive yourself, and keep going.
- Food is medicine. This phrase is originally spoken by Hippocrates, a Greek physician. Through IdealYou, I’m eating fruits, veggies, and protein. These whole foods have been healing my body, mind, heart, and soul, and I have never felt more alive and vibrant!